Over the years the SBA has instigated the following programmes:
- Substantial safe timber stairways to the beaches to minimise erosion
- The establishment of the Mitchell Reserve
- Production of a brochure recommending indigenous planting in our area
- Regular ‘Working Bees’ for weed removal and re-vegetation planting
- Restricting inappropriate access to the beaches, thereby preventing erosion and damage to Mutton Bird rookeries
- Regular submissions to the Bass Coast Council regarding traffic , speed limits and important planning proposals such as the Phillip Island & San Remo Design Framework and the Linfox proposals
- Surveying residents on issues such as roads etc
- Lifeguards at Smiths Beach during the summer months
The Smiths Beachcomber Association needs your support and can only represent your needs if you get involved. Annual membership is only $20.
Download our membership form and post it today.
Our address is:
Cowes Vic 3922